Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

O'Vote

I excitedly voted today at the Registrar of Voters office which is located very close to where I take my yoga class. I was surprised by the number of people there (the second day of early voting)--the workers decked out in red, white, and blue, and lots of early voters, young and old. Actually, I wanted to take my picture with my phone--I asked as I was getting my ballot, if that were possible. They told me that no cameras are allowed in the voting areas (I learned something new). I was feeling such a sense of historical significance that I wanted to have a memento. I guess I will just keep my" I voted" slip from the top of the ballot. I usually vote absentee, but this time I wanted to actually go into the booth and cast my vote. I had written out everything so I would not make a mistake on the propositions. I am still extremely hopeful about the outcome of this election. I am anxious to see the direction this country will take in November. The election is the day after my birthday--I am hoping that it will represent the best birthday present ever.

No comments: