Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 24, 2008

techNOlogy

I consider myself a senior "techno," at times, but today I am ranting against technology. I have been searching, for the last few minutes, for a cord which syncs my phone to the computer. The purpose is to change my ringtone to one saved on the computer. I have decided, as I told the young lady at the phone store, that there should be a universal cord which will do everything. Even though one of my "old lady friends" told me that nothing is truly lost--it's someplace and will magically reappear, it still makes me crazy.

I have a cord for the computer, another for the phone (and that one has be be changed each time the phone is changed--a complete ripoff), another for my old palm pilot, one for the gps and then there are the endless chargers which add to the weight in your suitcase when you go somewhere. I know, why do I have all of this stuff ?(I forgot about the ipod charger--one for the computer and another electrical one)-- I have it because it really does simplify my life.

Technology is wonderful when it works and when you can locate the proper cords at the proper time. So, today, I emphasize the NO in the word.

No comments: