Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What's on Your iPod?

This morning when I went for my walk (only a mile and a half) I was amused by the first song, "Azucar Negra,by Celia Cruz, a fabulous Cuban singer. I had never thought of the beauty of this expression, especially during these troubled times and anticipation of the joy to come. I then listened to John Kee, but moved on to the next song which was Luther Vandross singing "The Closer I Get to You." I was reminded of the joy Luther brought and remembering how happy I was when I went to see him twice (thanks Val). From Luther, my favorite hillbilly, Dolly Parton sang "I'll always love you."Her original version trumps Whitney's--much sweeter. The last song before I opened the garage door was "I Love to Praise Him," a nice ending to a beautiful morning walk.

If you lost your iPod, what would the finder think about you? If I lost mine, the finder would think that I have very eclectic tastes. I usually just listen to the same songs over and over, but this morning, I let the iPod shuffle the songs--I love the element of surprise because sometimes I forget what songs I actually have. I know that I have Brasilian, Cuban, R&B, Gospel, Country, Classical (especially "Ode to Joy" which was our wedding song), Hip Hop, sad songs,and happy songs--I imagine they all say something about me.

No comments: