It doesn't take a long time to get old, but it takes a long time to BE old. Being old means thinking about what we can't do, thinking about aches and pains, being patronized, taking longer to do things, losing things and finding things we lost.
On the other hand, being old means complaining about everything, not caring about whether our shoes match, really knowing what we thought we knew when we were young, taking care of ourselves, exploring new avenues, learning something new every day, cherishing old true friends and not "sweating the small stuff."
Save as Draft
BEING old means having wonderful daughters to tell me how to work my newest gadget, helping me find things I've lost, and checking up on us.
I love this long time it's taking to BE old. I want to take as much time as I can--it's fascinating.

No comments:
Post a Comment