Last night as I watched the debate in our $5.00 a night room at the Sheraton on Harbor Island (more about that later), one statement intrigued me. It was Barack Obama's response to the other candidate's rant about the bracelet he had been given. Barack replied "I've got a bracelet too."
That "bracelet" represented to the other candidate, a sense of entitlement--only he was worthy of having received a bracelet. That "bracelet" has been kept away from many in this society because of the tight rein others have held on it. In Tyler Perry's latest movie, Mr. Cartright Jr. received a "bracelet" even though he wasn't very bright. The "mooseburger eater" also has been given a bracelet even though she just received a passport last year and thinks that living near Canada and Russia give her great international insight. All of the "bracelet wearers" of the past, must now understand that "We all have bracelets too." Let us rejoice in our "bracelet wearing!"
The local evening news advertised a special rate at the hotel this past Monday. I ignored it, but was surprised to see it on the early morning news Tuesday. I called and was told a room was available. I then emailed several friends--two booked immediately and one told another friend
and she booked as well. It was a fabulous room with a view--larger than most rooms for which we have paid much, much more. Our total bill (including $20.00) for overnight parking was $25.63. Soooo--seize the moment--you sometimes have to trust that a good deal really is a good deal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment