Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Friendship Song
Someone gave me an article some time ago about the song "Let's just kiss and say goodbye." I don't know why I was given this article, I thought her intent was to give me something which related to the class I was teaching that night. When I read it when I got home, I realized that the song had a new meaning. One of the secrets and joys of life is knowing when to "kiss and say goodbye." Some things are for a season, others for a lifetime--the trick is knowing what/who to keep and what/who to let go. We need nothing which aggravates, irritates, or in any way is contrary to our core beliefs. Friends are wonderful--true friends, even more wonderful. Two Years, Ten Years, Thirty Years, Forty Years--all meaningful, all teachers, all worthwhile in some regard. I am thankful for those kept and those unkept.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment