Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 11, 2010

DSMM, DDMM, DISNEY

Before our first grandchild was born, one of my erudite friends sent me an article from the Knoxville newspaper which was written by a very witty new grandmother who writes for that paper. The entire article focused on what grandmothers should be called. She favored DSMM, and DDMM, (daughter's son's mother's mother; daughter's daughter's mother's mother). I rather fancied that and announced that I wanted to be called that when our grands came into the world.

Of course, as we all know, the best laid plans don't always work out as we thought they would. I am called grandma, g girl and the latest, gram gram. They all sound wonderful.

I found out just how wonderful it sounds as we spent our first Destination Christmas in Orlando at Disney World. We had tickets for five days--that is no joke. Even though I only did four parks in four days, it was great exercise. The weather was lovely and being there with our daughters, their husbands and the three grands was great--three generations in the same place for a week. Santa stopped by our Christmas tree there, the house was great and nothing was broken :-). We are trying to think of another warm place for our second Destination Christmas next year. It made me happy to be a DSMM/DDMM.

No comments: