I had promised myself (sort of) that I would not do a blog on the Tiger Woods' situation, but I changed my mind as I was reading USA Today (one of the three newspapers I read every morning).
Celebrities and Athletes never mind using the media when it feeds their bank accounts and keep them in the news. Whenever there is something negative going on in their lives, they plead for privacy and blame the media for everything.
The media did not take John Edwards into a hotel room; The media did not take the South Carolina Governor to Argentina; And the media certainly didn't drive those women to meet Eldrick. In fact, the media did a good job promoting him as the "Good Guy" in a nice conservative sport. The media does what the media does best--snoop. That is a reality of the times.
What makes these men think that just because they are famous, the media have no right to expose their wrong doings?
What happened to character and doing what is right? If cheating is your thing, stay single! Many want to have it all--the nice wife, nice kids, and someone on the side. Well, it's wrong!!!! A thirty-one month affair? A one night stand? All wrong! The media "giveth" and the media "taketh" away.
The least that can be done is that one takes responsibility for what he does! Don't blame the Bartender! He didn't get you drunk--you did that all by yourself!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I love it!!!! Nothing else needs to be said!!! :)
Good points.
I agree with everything you said. The only thing that pisses me off is that this crap takes time away from important news that people should be aware of. Keep it in the Entertainment Tonight shows please.
Post a Comment