Last year on this day, I was in Washington, D.C. attending one of the greatest events of my lifetime, the inauguration of Barack Obama as President of the United States. As I reflect upon the past year, my enthusiasm has not waned and I am still full of joy when I think about the enormity of that victory.
Now, a year later, the safely Democratic seat in Massachusetts has been won by a Republican. To quote the New York Post's headline it was a "Mass kicking." The most disheartening part is that it will give the "Obama Bashers" more fuel.
In reality, the Democratic candidate was not the strongest. Anyone who thinks a Boston Red Sox player is a Yankees fan. That is just unheard of for someone who lives in Boston. And, as we know, sports knowledge is totally American. I just learned on The View that he posed for Cosmopolitan. He was almost nude, but it was a great picture--a hot Republican (how strange is that?).
This is one of the great ironies of life and I'm sure that Ted Kennedy is turning over wherever he is.
No matter what, I have not lost hope. I still believe that a change is on the horizon. I still believe that the health care plan will still prevail. The people who are making these decisions are the persons who "have theirs." Everyone else should be able to get what they have! As Whoopi said on the View (my research base),
"Give me what you've got!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
OK you made me feel better and gave me hope.
I, too, still have a feeling of pride and believe that 'hope' will prevail. As far as the health care bill is concerned, I was recently watching a rerun of Oprah when she traveled to where the bid for the Olympic games was held somewhere in Europe (can't think of where that was at the moment). Oprah was doing a segment on how others lived abroad. One of the women she interviewed was a doctor and she made a statement that has stayed with me concerning health care in Europe. She said that providing health care for everyone should be about being compassionate. Showing compassion to your fellow man. Have we as a nation forgotten how to be compassionate? I hope not.
RE: blog: one year later
...
Wed, January 20, 2010 2:05:35 PM
From:
Kathy Angus
...
View Contact
To: Patricia Oyeshiku
I thought the Mass AG might give the dems 2 weeks to go ahead and vote on at least the senate plan to get something through. But he is putting the paperwork through and the guy will take his senate seat very soon. I can’t imagine how Reid and Pelosi will be able to pull off any kind of health bill. Kennedy must still be in purgatory cuz if he were in heaven, he’d have had a little more help on this J
I expect the next 3 yrs to be a complete stand still with Republicans filibustering anything Obama wants to do. They do not care what is good for the country. They just want to stop him and throw him out in 3 yrs.
I’m glad you have hope…..I’ll keep reading your blogs and keep sending money to DNC, DCCC, Move On, People for the American Way, etc. but……………………………………………………..
OK you made me feel better and gave me hope
Post a Comment