Friday, June 5, 2009
Hmmmmmm
A friend reminded me that I haven't blogged in some time. We went to Atlanta to fetch our three grandchildren for the summer (I took a one day side trip to Miami)and I was busy "grandmothering." On this trip, I did hear an unusual new term and would be interested in knowing what you think it means. The term is "ethnic fatigue." Hmmmmm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Maybe ethnic fatigue has to do with so much discussion about people’s ethnicity when what we should be focusing on is who the person is not what they are. I think the same principle applies to the discussion of seniors. We need to look at individuals and their capabilities not lump everyone into one category. Certainly some older teachers should retire, but then there are young teachers who need to find a different occupation. There are other senior teachers who still have the passion and the ability who should stay as long as we can convince them to as well as new teachers with fresh ideas and enthusiasm who need to be nurtured and convinced to stay in the profession.
Ethnic fatigue. I can relate to tht. Being an African American woman thr r things tht I will experience tht only anthr African American woman would understand. Some of those experiences can cause to becme fatigued.
Post a Comment