Last night my husband and I attended a Rotary event which honored our friend who will be the District Governor for the coming year. It was quite impressive to see this room full of people, all of whom are volunteering to make the world better. I still don't know much about Rotary Clubs, Lions Clubs and the like, but it was a nice reminder that we are all here to help others--at least, that is what I have always considered one of life's greatest purposes.
I have been a volunteer, for a good part of my life, in one way or another. In my "freetirement," I am taking time to be a "volunteer for self" for a change. The volunteer spirit is within me, so even when I am volunteering for self, I am volunteering for others!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love this. My life has always been about my newly high school graduated son. Don't get me wrong, I have always been thankful to God for trusting me to raise what he blessed me to create. Now He is blessing me to be a "volunteer for self" also. And I will embrace my new roll happily and completely.
Post a Comment