Today I attended a luncheon in Del Mar which was a celebration for the top fundraisers for the MS (Multiple Sclerosis) Society In San Diego. I invited my friend, Val, because each year she has walked with me. Our daughters and grandchildren also walk in Atlanta and that makes me proud.
I picked Val up (she took time off from work) and we headed to the Del Mar Hilton which I thought was the venue. We found out after several phone calls and a helpful desk agent at the Hilton, that it was the Del Mar Marriott. which, thankfully, was just one freeway exit away.
I was a member of the "Elite Feet," the top 50 fundraisers (I was number 50). This was my best fund raising effort (I have been in the top 100 for several years)especially with this economy.
It was a very nice event--we were given engraved key chains and will get a lot of perks at next year's event. I am again reminded of the importance of volunteer efforts. Since this was my second event in as many weeks, I think someone is trying to tell me to put on my "volunteer hat" again. Oh well, there is plenty of time.
If you are not engaged in volunteering--get on the ball. I am so grateful for all of my supportive friends who donated in my uncle's honor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment