Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 3, 2009

Legoland and Making a Difference

I was casually reading my Legoland magazine (which I receive because we all have year memberships) and saw something intriguing. They have an Obama inaugural exhibit in mini-land which, of course, is made from legos. I don't remember exactly when it was installed, but in the magazine, they stated that they were going to remove it on Memorial Day. I immediately fired off an email to them and told them that given the historically significant inauguration, I felt the exhibit should stay throughout the visit. I said a few other nice things as well (we have been members for the ten years of the park's existence, etc.). I immediately received an email which told me that they would discuss it. I told a friend about my email and she emailed them too. Yesterday, I received the following email: (she received one too)
Dear Dr. Patricia Oyeshiku,
Thank you for your e-mail. I appreciate knowing that this is important to you and I thank you for following up with us.
We have received many positive comments and suggestions from our Guests to keep this display in Miniland U.S.A. throughout the summer. Therefore, I am pleased to tell you that this display will remain at the Park through Labor Day. Hopefully you and your family will be able to enjoy it this summer.
Thank you again for your e-mail.

Little things are so important--we each have to continue to take stands for what we think is right. I'm sure we were the only two people who wrote them, but sometimes, one voice is all that is needed. Always use your voice--it's worth the effort.


No comments: