Sunday, April 19, 2009
Being Munster-Like
I was just watching several episodes of the Munsters (I am a multi-tasker, so I was doing other things too) and I discovered something fairly profound. They thought they were absolutely normal, but everyone else thought they were eccentric and weird looking. They had extremely high self esteem and enjoyed the lives they had carved out for themselves. Isn't it wonderful to be comfortable in our own skins?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Again, you have brought to light the beauty of having a beautiful mind and and loving yourself. I also was able to view this amazing woman's voice. It also is beautiful. But, my focus is more on the fact that she is a virgin. That is such a blessing. I pray that all the women, young and old, see the value of this woman. She has not allowed a man to put a value on her. She has done that herself. I believe that we as women allow ourselves to be put in a place where if a man does not show interest in us or want to be sexual with us then we must not have any value. That is soooo not true. If we as women learn to love ourselves no matter our upbringing we can do anything. We also have the ability to make the men in the world be accountable for their actions. Men only do what we as women allow them to do. So take a stand! Love yourself first and the love you get from others will be icing on the cake.
It truly is wonderful to have that peace of mind. Unfortunately, it takes some of us to get to adulthood before we find the comfort/peace. That is why God's original plan was for us not to be ashamed of our "appearance", but to follow his word and to live in peace. Until we have someone or something focus on the likes or dislikes of how we look, we feel we are just fine. We should all have the mind of a child. They don't care what/how you look they just want someone to play with.
Post a Comment