I had lunch with an old dear friend this past week and we always solve the problems of the world during these once a month outings. We talked about many, many subjects from, of course, the election, to the aging process and back to the aging process. She is an only child (and has an only child) and was the primary caretaker for first her father, and then her mother.
Once her mother asked her for some lamb chops. She told her that it was "not the season" for lamb chops and besides, they were very expensive. After her mother passed, she was most troubled by not having bought those lamb chops. I suspect that we have lots of opportunities to "buy lamb chops" and we let those opportunities pass. Each day, I am more and more certain, that the "lamb chops" matter more than the things we think are more valuable. Let us make sure that each day we are buying lamb chops for those whom we love--little things matter!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Very nice. Although, your friend did not give her mom the 'lamb chops' when she requested them I'm sure over the years she gave her mom many 'lamb chops'. Those are the memories she must cherish.
Post a Comment