I rejoice for the Lotties, Inez's, Lucilles, Worthys, Fannie Lous, Emmetts, the Little Rock Nine, the Freedom Riders, young people, old people, Hawaiians, Indonesians, Bahamians, Cubans, Black people, white people, the haves and the have nots.
I rejoice for MLK and JFK. I rejoice for hope, renewal and peace. I rejoice for those who believed and followed those beliefs.
I rejoice for the end of the "Bradley Syndrome." I rejoice for our daughters, grandsons, granddaughters and those great-grands, yet unborn.
I rejoice for those students I have taught who can now truly believe that they can be anything they want to be--they now know that those are not just empty words.
I rejoice that sports will take its rightful blast as just an option and not a destination.
I rejoice that I am here to see and enjoy the truest fruit of the civil rights movement. I rejoice that this southern black girl saw her home state turn blue.
I have believed from the beginning that "This One" would become "The One." This man, with a world view shaped by his life, will inspire a new generation. This man, a true representation of cross-culturalism, will restore hope. This man will bring change that will make America beautiful again.
I am thankful to God for this "crossing of the Red Sea."
America IS beautiful--I am happy to share this day with all of the people in my life. We now know that a new day is here.
I have already purchased my airline ticket (as soon as he won Pennsylvania)--I will be in Washington on January 20th--I don't care where, as long as I'm there.
OMG--thankfully, there will be no mooseburgers on the White House menu.
REJOICE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
!Te acompanyo en el sentimiento!
And after rejoicing, as our president-elect would say, 'let's roll up our sleeves- there's much work to be done!' - and much of what has happened in the past to be 'undone'.
Well, you should be proud of the time and energy you put in. It is due to the hard work of people like yourself that helped Obama CRUSH this election. Says a lot about this great man! Congratulations!
- Cathy Atkins
Post a Comment