This coined title represents not only the journey we are about to take tomorrow, but my extreme excitement about everything happening in America, both in my life and the world in general.
I appreciate my generous friends who have given me newspapers from all around the world. One friend, traveling in Europe, brought me newspapers from almost every city she visited (and I didn't even ask her). Another friend sent several newspapers from Maryland, Wisconsin and Birmingham. The Birmingham newspaper was quite interesting since that city was the center of the movement. The reflection from George Wallace's daughter was quite inspirational. It showed what a generational change is all about, although, according to many, her father became a changed man near the end of his life. This paper said Obama "cashed the check that King, others toiled for." It seemed quite real, coming from an Alabama paper.
MLK once said that cowardice asks, "Is it safe?" Expediency asks, "Is it politic?" Vanity asks, "Is it popular?" But conscience asks, "Is it right?"...When I saw that, I knew that I had chosen the right quote for my email signature.
I am excited to visit another part of the world in the coming two weeks--excited to see what "manias" exist among our international observers. I expect to find new hope, just as I am finding here. My hope is that those who think differently, will also find hope and let go of the negativity which had become a festering sore--i hope the balm will be healing for us all.
Oh my, what a great year to have begun my "freetirementmania," I can sit back, observe and enjoy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment