What a glorious time it has been--first going from Ocean to Ocean, from the cold Pacific to my beloved Atlantic. I am convinced of the magnificence of the planet. I am reminded of the beauty of diversity, in terms of humanity and nature. From the tip of Baja to my roots filled Miami, it has been fabulous.
Obamamania is everywhere. From the shopkeepers and vendors in foreign ports to the baggage handlers at the Fort Lauderdale airport. Everyone has something to say and everyone wants to share in the moment with a sense of pride. I guess those who did not share this, did not become a part of my world (in other words, few conservatives interact). I did go to a great garage sale with my friend in Miami--there was so much stuff and we bought a lot and got great deals. Afterwards, I found out that the home had one of the biggest signs for the Republican candidates. Oh well, all is forgiven for a great garage sale.
I am presently sharing time with my "mother person" and she has been telling me that we are all once an adult and twice a child. At the great old age of 86, she is giving me lessons in being old. "Old people do things over and over again," "Old people rock to get up," "Old people don't worry," Old people become chidren again--the things which used to be easy take more time and some of them can't be done. But through this second childhood, old folks know what is important, are thankful for each new day, enjoy each moment, use lessons learned, teach lessons--thank God, I am now listening to these stories. OMG, how many of them did I miss when I was young. I heard them but they didn't have the significance they have now.
There was an old man on the cruise, with whom we ate breakfast one day, and he said "I hate old people." I thought that was hilarious, given his age. He told me that he wants to see old people dancing, laughing and enjoying--those who don't do that, are the people he hates. So, let's dance, laugh and enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment