I was at first disappointed that Serena lost today, but upon second thought, she will always be a winner. She handled the challenge with grace, and endured the endless questions about breaking the record. I cannot even imagine the pressure she felt, but we all know that she has absolutely NOTHING to prove. She is the best at the moment, and is probably the best there has ever been in women’s tennis.
Her power is unmatchable, and her rise in the tennis world was unlike any ever seen before. No Junior tennis--no country club tennis, no fancy coaching when she began, nobody telling Richard Williams what to do or how to do it. They were both taught by parents who never played tennis.
They played and learned on the courts of Compton! Did it THEIR way, and in their own time.
It is all pretty remarkable, that these marvelously gifted young ladies, STRAIGHT OUTTA Compton, have had an unblemished career. No scandals, no nonsense, pure focus on their games.
I admire them for their respect for their parents, for their love for each other, and for what they have done for the game of tennis.
There is nothing I like to see more than role models who inspire others, just by BEING! They have remained who they are, they have excelled, they have set a new standard in a sport that had never seen not just one, but two women, so talented, so strong, and so “New tennis.”
Hold your head up High!!! No one can match what you have done. Now that I think about it, I am glad that some of those who THOUGHT they would beat you DID NOT. Your opponent did well, seemed humble, and amazed.
You are the Queen--actually You and your sister are the Queens--there is a new world Tennis Order because of the two of you. I am proud!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Well said Mrs. O'Senior, thank you. Both Venus and Serena have done the world of tenni PROUD all while being full of dignity and grace.
This summed it up without a doubt the essence of the Williams sisters!
Post a Comment