My goodness, I can't believe that I haven't blogged since February. My life has been so incredibly full with so many things, that I guess blogging was way down the food chain. I have been busy just doing things which interest me. Experienced a fabulous book signing a couple of Sundays ago--over 100 people there. It was all arranged by a group of magnificent, smart, energetic, beautiful, former students. All I had to do was show up. There were flowers, food, decorations, programs, the works. Malcolm X Library was a great venue, and because a former student works there, the room fee was waived. It was good to see so many friends, and some folks I didn't even know.
The week after, there was a wonderful brunch at a beautiful home in San Marcos, organized by another former student. I am not a "woods," person, but it was a great afternoon on 2.8 acres in the woods. Have published two books in freetirement, and am working on another with two friends which should be finished pretty soon--after that--no more books for me.This one is on a subject which interests me, one of my favorite hobbies. Others have asked for me to consult with them for other books--but I am closing shop. Don't want to do anything which remotely resembles work.
Yesterday, my friend Val walked with me for the MS Walk. I raised more than ever --$3200. I was proud of what I raised last year (over 2500) because I had a mile marker with a picture. Of course, that is certainly not why I do it, but it was fun to see, and of course I took a picture of it.It used to take 5 teachers to get 100.00 :-). I would have never thought that fundraising would be so much easier in freetirement.
Enjoying freetirement more than I could have ever imagined. My drawings have improved and my sumi-e paintings vaguely resemble what I am supposed to be painting. Everyone tells me that they are very good, but who knows? I love my art group of five ladies--we meet every other week, and I meet with one member of the group on the other two weeks. I actually see things differently, now that I am an "artist." Yoga still fulfills me, although our teacher was gone for six weeks and the substitute twisted things I had never twisted before. I felt like a student with a substitute teacher--could hardly wait for "my teacher" to come back.
Am enjoying my weekly tutoring sessions with my 14 year old from church. She is so adorable, a new friend, a new age group. I am so glad I said yes, when asked, since I had said no to many so many times before. I guess it is too much of who I am.
Great celebration of my husband's birthday in Palm Springs. We were there for four days, and it was actually the first time I actually liked it. I don't like the desert, and can't stand cactus. It was where he wanted to go, and just to see him enjoy it so much, made me enjoy it as well. Still using television as my background noise--keeping up with the good, bad, and ugly. As my great-grandmother used to say--"There is entirely too much going on."
Looking forward to our grands for six weeks this summer. We are already preparing for them--We will once again have CampO. We will take them to the family reunion afterwards, but not by train as we did once before. There are so many things we like for them to experience, that we prefer to do different things with them when, and while we can. Ok--enough. Life is good!!!I am grateful and humbled more and more each day!!!!!!! OMG, I feel like I just wrote one of those horrible Christmas letters. Oh Well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
And I'm blessed to have experienced some of those events with you! Great blog!! You really have been busy for a freetired person! :-)
Post a Comment