Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 19, 2011

OBAMAHaters

I saw a sign on Facebook which said "The Republicans hate Obama more than they claim to love America." I am getting so sick and tired of all of the hate that is being heaped upon the POTUS. In my lifetime, I do not remember a president being as reviled as this one is. I have never seen so many stalemates in congress, based upon hatred for one man. I think that everyone woke up in November and said, "Oh my God, we've got a n----- in the White House." I was telling a friend this at lunch a couple of weeks ago and he said, that as a White man, he knows that that is what is happening (although, liberal that he is, he is also disappointed in the POTUS).

I just saw on Good Morning America that he as taken FEWER vacation days than his Republican predecessors, but yet, there are those making disparaging remarks about his vacation at the Vineyard.

I am down with him for the duration. I will campaign for him and support him because I believe that the reason for all of this hate is pure racial politics. I know that many deny it, but after seeing The Help, I was reminded that no matter how much things change, the more they remain the same. There are undercover "Hillys" everywhere. I love the south, because there are few undercovers--you usually know who the "Hilly" are. It disgusts me because most folks will still claim that race has little to do with it--that is "pretty politics" and I am leery of those who expound that theory.

He has been in office for a relatively short time--I have worked in Washington, so I know how the games are played. It is a very tight network which has run itself for many years with all kind of "back scratching." It is a very difficult nut to crack, but it is "crackable" with time.

I can't believe that the Alaskan was on television making comments about how she feels the president is doing. I immediately turned the tv to mute--I refuse to listen to any of it any more.

This country is in a very bad, hateful state, and it has nothing to do with the POTUS. It has to do with uncontrolled stubborness! I will still proudly display my 2012 sticker in the back window of my car!

Wow, now I feel better. Obama, STILL, in 2012. Many Blacks used to say say that if we had a Black President and he lasted four years without being harmed, that would be a victory. The victory is letting him run the country; allowing him the time to do his work; and more importantly, backing off and being civil!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT blog! Thanks for telling it like it IS!

Anonymous said...

Pat: I couldn't agree with you more! The haters would rather this country "go to hell in a hand basket" than have this president succeed; and the bottom line to this is RACE (and a lot of jealousy, also) plain and simple! Before he even had the chance to get started good in the office they were saying they wanted him to fail.

No president in the history of the world has had to deal with the problems he has encountered, both natural and manmade, and he has handled them in a way that no other president could have. I am convinced that he is in this office at this time for a reason that is far beyond our understanding; his steps are being ordered and "no weapon formed against him will prosper." Just as you've stated, I'm with him for the duration and I pray daily for his strength.

I no longer listen to the sarcastic rhetoric on TV, the computer or radio; their opinions don't matter to me! Also, I listen carefully to those around me to sort out the undercover "Hillys". Once they're discovered, I'm through with them because now I know we don't feel the same way about our common destiny and I will henceforth be suspicious of them!

I hope everybody reads your blog, Lord knows we've read enough from the other side. Please let me know what kind of feedback you get. To let these suspicious "surveys" tell it, everybody in the country has given up on this president. Ironically enough, NOBODY has ever taken a survey of MY opinion nor of anyone else I know!

Thanks for letting me vent and believe me, you and I are on the same page with tons of other people I know.

Anonymous said...

Wow. You should forward this to the White House. I still think they will shoot themselves in the foot and he will win again. I will keep my faith in him.

Anonymous said...

Good Blog. Every thing you say is true.

I sometimes wonder how the man keeps his spirits up. And it must be even harder for his wife and children to watch him being treated like this.

It has been race from the beginning and you can see it in the faces of the obstructionists when they speak.

I would like him to try another tactic. This bipartisonship is not working. Of course it may help later during the campaign that he tried but the teaparty crowd and the Norquist crowd may have the dum dum voters too brainwashed by then to see that they were the ones not cooperating. He has to get tougher. I wish that he had invoked the 14th amendment to get the debt limit raised. It would have been dramatic and it would have thumbed a nose at the racist obstructionists. No president has had to fight for the country to get credit before....

We have a lot to talk about Monday

Anonymous said...

I think race is a part of the problem but that it is a much bigger problem of growing tribalism…us vs them, etc…instead of what I saw in the President of Norway’s speech about the importance of “us”

And the particularly irritating part is that somehow the very rich Ayn Rand lovers have hoodwinked the middle and lower classes into voting against their own best interests so that people like the Koch brothers can get their “think tanks” to write laws that read exactly the same way across many state legislatures to do away with unions, clamp down on immigration, close public schools (or cut their funding while supporting vouchers), etc etc. And it will just be worse now that corporations can give any amount to campaigns.



My bookclub read the Help when it came out and we are going as a group on Wed to see the film.

Anonymous said...

Well written and true, true, true. Very few people want to accept the racial component - I find it blatant.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there…he can beat anyone the Republicans have put forward, to date.

Anonymous said...

Well written and true, true, true. Very few people want to accept the racial component - I find it blatant