I had lunch with two dear friends yesterday, and one of them posited the idea that the new "party" is the new version of the Klan. Perhaps, they don't want to bother getting the sheets and the rest of the "get-up", but as I think about it, there is really no difference between them and their "tea" and the old "party" with their sheets.
I have been giving a bit of attention to the state of this country with all of the old fashioned, but undercover "pretty hate" that seems to be so prevalent. I call it "pretty hate" because those who believe in it disguise it under all kinds of euphemisms. "Let's take back our country?" From whom? The Black President? "It's not about race?" Then what is it about? "HE'S going on vacation?" Why not? "Birth certificate?" Why? Call it what it is and deal with it.
This new Klan is probably more dangerous mentally than the other one was dangerous physically. The sheets are off, but the "tea" remains hot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Short and to the point. Good job
Very good perception. I think I am passing this on to some people.
Post a Comment