Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 13, 2011

Find Your Sacred Place

I am watching Oprah's show, which I only watch when there is something on which interests me, and she highlighted some of the shows which she thought taught the greatest lessons. One of the people was Toni Morrison, whom I love. She talked about the loss of her son and how she expects to be sad for the rest of her life. She said that if she didn't feel that way, it would be an insult to her son's memory. I immediately called my friend, who lost her daughter recently, and shared that quote. My advice to her was BE SAD!

Once again, I digressed. What really struck me from Toni Morrison was her thought that we all need to find our sacred place--a place where it is Me. She said it may be a room or a garden, but it should be a place. Then it occurred to me that my garden has become my place. I thank two special friends, Val and Lucille! I now understand what you were trying to teach me all of those years!

If you have not yet found one--please find your "sacred place."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm about to move to my sacred place on June 18th!!!

Anonymous said...

A great blog! I'm sure that Lucille loves it.