Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Rise Up!

I am sitting here on Resurrection Sunday morning watching the recording of The Ten Commandments which I have seen at least a hundred times. I first saw it on a field trip when I was in elementary school. What I remember most about that experience was the intermission. I had never before seen a movie with an intermission. Now, each year, I look forward to watching it once again. I did not attend church today because our church held what is called "Real Time Resurrection" and the service was held last night. I had never gone to the Saturday service, but was glad I did. The title of the sermon was "You can call it This or You can call it That" (referring to Easter/Resurrection). Interesting lesson.
Last night as I watched the news, they showed a church somewhere in the U.S.A. which did one of those "dance things" for you tube. I have forgotten what it is called, but it is the type of dance where a huge group of people get together, sing and dance. I think Oprah had something like that on one of her shows and they closed down streets in Chicago for that extravaganza. This group had a song written and it was called "Rise Up!" It was a celebration of the Risen Christ, but also implored the listeners to rise up from whatever adversity or obstacle which may be holding them back. I thought, hmmmm, that is also a great lesson. I had never thought about that parallel which now seems so simple. I am experiencing it right now as I watch this movie, because Moses also "rose" up and did what he was called to do. "Rise up" will probably be my new mantra ( I change mantras often). Okay, back to the parting of the Red Sea (my favorite part)!
I like the format of these blogs on the blogspot: freetired@blogspot.com Go there for a different look. I am considering getting a domain name and making these public.
jOy on this day!

No comments: