I love technology, especially my iPad and my iPhone which I thought would be redundant. Surprisingly, they both have different purposes although, in many ways, they overlap. I am glad I got the iPhone when Verizon offered it and was not held hostage by AT&T. I never thought it was fair that you had to have AT&T’s plan in order to get an iPhone.
One use that I had not anticipated was that these forms of technology would act as fabulous iSitters. I am fascinated as I watch one grandson on the netbook, another on the iPhone and the four year old on the iPad. It is all second nature to them. Even though the four year old can only read her name, she is able to find YouTube and then find Spongebob. She can also find tic tac toe in the games folder on the iPad and recognizes her name when she wins. All of this gives me a glimpse into the future when even television, as we now know it, will be as obsolete and rotary phones and phone booths are. They will probably have chips in their arms and will be able to connect those to something which will allow instant access.
It intrigues me that they can sit quietly for long periods of time engaged in the interaction that these devices afford. Most of my friends, and others, complain that human interaction will fade away in favor of technological communication. I embrace this new way. Besides, everything goes full circle anyway.
In the meantime, I am enjoying being an iGrandma.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
iagree.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and enthusiasm. However, I have no idea,what you are talking about, but I'll take your word for it. It's a beautiful day in Miami!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and enthusiasm. However, I have no idea,what you are talking about, but I'll take your word for it. It's a beautiful day in Miami!
Post a Comment