Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Baskets, Chicken, and Eggs

Yesterday in my drawing class, our assignment was to draw a wicker basket. I must admit that I am getting so much better. I have decided that I am going to have an "ArtShow" featuring my work. I will invite four or five friends and display my work. Once again, I digressed!

When I returned from class and was talking to a friend, she told me that her grandma always told her (what all of our grandma's told us) to never put all of her eggs in one basket. I already knew that quote, but I never actually knew where it came from. A lot of those old quotes I just took to heart, but never delved into the meaning.

She told me that when a hen sits on eggs in order to hatch them, from time to time, she would leave the eggs and go eat or do whatever hens do. The eggs need to be kept warm at all times, and if she leaves, the eggs may not hatch. Because of that, you never put all of your eggs under the same hen, just in case she leaves and they don't hatch.

What have we left "unhatched?" We old hens need to make sure that we "sit on our eggs," keep them warm, and know the importance of caring for our "eggs", whether those eggs are our children, friendships, or whatever is important in our lives.

I did not use my iPad for typing this time. That device is really made for people who type with two fingers. When we good typists try to type using our usual typing formation of our fingers, it results in zillions of typos as you saw in my last unedited post!

3 comments:

O'Senior said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I think my life is unhatched! It is true about the ipad. Do you know very many "kids" that are good typists? It's a lost art.......

Anonymous said...

I'm still sitting on my son.