Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 24, 2011

It's a Beautiful Day

A friend forwarded something to me and suggested that I blog about it. Which reminds me, so many of you have sent me comments on my blogs (especially the last one) that I am considering making them public.

The forward was about a blind man who had a sign which said "I am blind." He held the sign as he solicited money. Every now and then someone would drop in a few coins. Upon seeing the sign,he took it from him, turned it over, and wrote something on the back. Almost immediately, almost everyone who passed by put money in his cup. What the stranger had written on the back of the sign was "It is a beautiful day, but I can't see it."

We don't have to be physically blind in order to be blinded. There are many things which "blind" us in our daily lives and prevent us from noticing the beautiful days. Sometimes we get so caught up in ourselves that we forget the things which really matter. In the end, there are very few things which really matter and those are the things on which we should concentrate. For me, it is faith, family, and true friends. I see the beauty in the faces of those whom I love and in the things which give me joy.I hope that the "money" that is put into my cup
is put there because I have been able to see and appreciate the beautiful days.

No comments: