Tonight I was watching one of my favorite shows (although this is only my second season). I always wondered why The Amazing Race won so many awards and now I know why.
My sister got me involved in an Amazing Race adventure with some of her friends so I really make sure that I don't miss any shows.
Tonight the teams had several tasks to perform, as they do every week. One of the tasks was to load coconuts onto a cart which was then pulled by an ox. Some of the teams were almost as "pronunciation challenged" as the oxen probably were. Seychelles was pronounced Say kil lees by some of them. Another said anonymous when he meant unanimous. Yikes, glad I didn't have any of them in my class.
Three of the teams loaded the coconuts into the carts but when they arrived at the fruit guy, he told him that they "didn't load all of the coconuts." He had to repeat it several times. One team was so frustrated that the guy wanted to give up. They all went back and found out that they had each left out one coconut.
It occurred to me that this is another metaphor for life. Sometimes we are so busy trying to "load a coconut" that we leave an important one behind. One that we can't
move forward without having loaded it.
What coconut have you left behind?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment