Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 7, 2009

"Because I Knew You I Have Been Changed for Good"

Last night, my very good friend and I went to see the musical "Wicked" (it was magnificent). It was another story of good and evil, friendships which overcome "quirks," and man's humanity and inhumanity to man. It was funny, insightful, fabulously staged and was a well written piece based upon the Wizard of Oz. The "wizardry" that was used was cleverly done, quite different from the original piece.
I was impressed by the song "Because I Knew You I Have Been Changed for Good" because it reminded me of all the people I have known in my life and how each one has "changed me for good." I think about those who have known me from birth, those who knew me during my teenage "skinny" years, college friends, neighborhood friends, Peace Corps friends, co-workers,students,church folk, family members and just random people I have met along the way. Each in his/her own way, has been an influence and has changed me "for good." Even if some of those experiences were negative, I was still changed "for good." I guess every now and then, we should take the time to let people know that we have appreciated having them in our lives. So I thank all of you, "Because I knew you I have been changed for good."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good but I thought you went with your "best" friend.

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful Mrs. O. Brought tears to my eyes. I agree that those we meet who are wonderful change us for the good. But we don't always, as you stated, look at those who may have been "negatives" in our lives to also make us change for good. If God did not allow the "negatives" in our lives how would we know if we can grow or if we have the faith to know that God will in fact see us through those difficult/negative times/people. I'm not saying that I want negative things in my life, but our faith/character must be challenged at times to make us grow. So to those who have been wonderful to me and mine, Thank you and I love you. For those who have been negative to me and mine, Thank you and once in my life is enough. :)

Anonymous said...

That's exactly what I thought when I first heard that song ... how many people have changed me for the better (I hope) and for good.

Greg took me to see it in LA last year for Mother's day and so this year I took Sandy, Greg and Gordon to see it. MIke and Tim didn't want to go. Gordon came home and got on the phone , checking to see who would like to see it with him again.

I have a copy of the CD if you would like me to make you one. I find myself singing so many of the songs from that. Even "Popular"! So cute!