It occurred to me that we sometimes turn our backs on things we should pay close attention to, and an example of that is the current state of political affairs in this country. We cannot turn our backs on the vitriolic nature of a candidate, whose name I do not call. We cannot forget all he has already said, and will say again as he "stays true to who he is."
No one can convince me otherwise, and do not try, that it is all a pushback from having had a black president the past eight years. This one makes Romney look like a choirboy. Obviously, he appeals to those who fit the category of "BPOTUS" hatred.
Those with a conscience, and a brain, cannot afford to turn their backs on this ocean by not voting. Oceans can devour us, drown us, or, overwhelm us when we turn our backs.
Be vigilant-never turn your back to the ocean.

1 comment:
I think as a Nation, we have failed. At Morse in History class, I often wondered how someone like (a) Hitler could so easily come into power. How a people long rich in history and culture could just give over there senses and logic. Many people of which, not only blindly followed but took part in some of the worst atrocities ever imagined. I thought to myself in those days of school past, this could never happen, not in a modern era of science and technology. Yet here we are on the brink something very dark and sinister. My biggest fear as a child was the possibility of a Nuclear war between Russia and America. That fear I felt as a child, at the heart of the cold war, seems insignificant to what I feel in my heart and soul right now. I pray that cooler wiser minds prevail this November.
class of 1993
Post a Comment