My goodness, I can’t believe that I have not blogged since April. I guess I become so enamored with so many things, that I moved this down my priority list. I am sure I have had plenty to discuss. Let me see, where shall I begin?
Spent a month in Atlanta with our daughters and their families as we awaited the promotion of one of our grandsons. It was a wonderful trip and the girls had so many things planned for us. We even spent our anniversary in a magnificent suite at the Hyatt in downtown Atlanta. OMG, we even had a double door, a dining room, and full kitchen. There was even a television IN the bathroom mirror. Perhaps some of you are used to that but it was quite new to us. We immediately asked the girls to bring all of the grands to stay with us because it was waaay too much room for just the two of us. They were thrilled, and also thrilled that there was a food court and shopping center connected to the hotel. We never left the premises for three days.
The girls and I did one of those paint and drink things, and that was quite an adventure. We were all so proud of our creations, and it was interesting to see the process. I had heard of people who had done it, but I wasn’t quite sure how it worked. We all painted the exact same things, with the exact same instruction, but each person’s picture was different.
Brought the grands back with us, from Atlanta, for their six weeks’ stay in San Diego. That is always a wonderful time for us, and I imagine they love being here as much as we love having them with us. The past two summers have been incredibly easy, now that everyone is growing up. The boys, 17, and 14, are very, very helpful. I even let our Eagle Scout grandson act as the lifeguard at our pool--now that was really a stretch for me, but I had to remind myself each day, that he is l7 (wow, how did everyone get old so fast). The youngest, at 4, is a real trooper. She can hang with the older ones, and they all act like sisters and brothers rather than first cousins.
Our theme for this summer was “Fun and Fitness,” so we did everything from family yoga classes to walking up Cowles Mountain (Ok, I didn’t go all the way up). I was so grateful that some of my former students did some of the activities with us. I have a tremendous village--one even took them to the barber shop (owned by a former student), just to help out. I am so grateful for my lovely, and helpful friends. When one friend door closes, another opens immediately!
After the time with us, we flew with them to New Orleans, the site of our family reunion. The day we flew was a very busy day--we started in Point Loma with a ceremony for a former student, who was being promoted to Commander of a ship, then to ComicCon, and from there to the airport. A former student met me at our house at 6 a.m. and drove us to the promotion, the Con, picked up Mr. O, and we met them in front of the train station, after a trolley ride from the Convention Center, and then to the airport. We arrived in NOLA at 12:30 A.M., but the parents were there to meet us at the airport. It was a wonderful reunion (our daughters were the chairs, with Kama in the lead), and it gives me joy to know that our grands are getting that experience. I was shocked at the lip sync contest when we saw them perform. They were so good.
Home, after all of that, and two weeks of hibernation, and another of semi hibernation. I have been busy catching up with breakfast and lunch dates, but for the most part, being unproductive. I am back in the swing of things. I broke my finger while in Atlanta, so I have not done yoga--wanted it let the finger heal and get stronger, but I will resume tomorrow.
Winter is on its way, and I will begin my winter activities, which will include my pursuit of art, no matter how bad I continue to be--I find it soothing and uplifting. Also trying to get started on the fourth book--Meeting with a friend this Wed. who will keep me on track--I always have to have a schedule, otherwise, I become distracted with so many other things I love.
Off on a travel adventure in September, and we are looking forward to the trip--somewhere fascinating which we had not previously thought of visiting. Anxious to visit Cuba again--so glad that we went before it becomes a Starbucks, McDonalds, Kentucky Fried, and Cruise mecca.
So, freetirement continues to be wonderful--nothing like having the time to do what we want, spend time with those we love, get rid of those who have aggravated us, live, travel, love, create, appreciate, and enjoy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment