I am a member of several groups on FB, and one of my favorites is BEO. It is a group of people who wake up early in the morning, and each day one of us posts a word for the day (WOD), and sometimes, we post a WWOD (Week-end word of the day). It is a random group of people put together by a friend and me because we were always sending FB inboxes early in the morning. Each person has the opportunity to get on the calendar, which is posted for each month--that way, we all know what day we have to post. The words are posted early in the morning or late at night for the East Coast people.
Our word today was friend, and I was surprised that I wrote more than I usually write on the words, so I thought I would share it here:
Friendship is something I take extremely seriously, and I think I am a very good friend. I am usually loyal, there when you need me, and am brutally honest with those I consider my friends. The trouble is, that I expect the same from those I call friends. When I am betrayed by someone I consider a friend, it is over, forever--not a hate thing, just a "You are out of my life" thing. Friends will forget you when they find a man--I find that amusing since I have had a man for 46 years, and he has never kept me from a friend--real men don't do that, and real women, would not allow it. Some folks don't even know how to be a friend--it all starts with knowing exactly WHO you are. FB has taken "friendship" to an entirely different level.
People actually believe that FB friends, are really friends--I have to remember, that in many ways, FB is not real ( excluding this group, and others I like) . I don't even like to hear people say, I don't have friends, I have associates--what in the heck does that mean? You are either a friend, or you are just someone I know.
What I really detest is folks who say they know me, or I am their friend, and I either don't know them, or barely know them. I don't know why I am irritated by that, but I am. Anyway, I believe that old friends, with whom you have history like those with whom I grew up, are irreplaceable, but we have to leave ourselves open to letting new friends enter our lives.
An old lady told me a very long time ago, to make sure that your friends are in ALL age group, because, as life goes, those in your group, and older will pass. I hope that my true friends know that they can lean on me, and I can lean on them.
Some friends are only there for a season, and as we know, seasons change.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
What beautiful thoughts on friendship. Your truly know the meaning, my dear friend!
Post a Comment