Sometimes people think they need riches, or some other external stimuli for happiness and success. What is more important, is having someone who believes in you, coupled with a belief in yourself. Most times, I life, all it takes is a ball, a racket, and hope. That is what we concentrated inthe past before others tried to define what we needed. In the last, poor people rarely thought of thems lves as poor because they were rich in family, just as Serena stated. Everyone was in the same boat, until someone told them they were poor,and defined them as such. The Williams' parents never bought into that, and trained their daughters better than any tennis academy could have.
I never want to forget that all it really takes is a ball, a racket, and HOPE,

2 comments:
Your comments on this, along with Serena's statement really does make one realize the meaning of "hope" and perseverance. What makes us rich is not monetary those are just material goods but when your soul knows that you did your best and where you are is where you should be, one can smile and keep their head up high despite any naysayers.
My ball represents my God
(whom I seek), the racket represents love (the more I seek
God, the more love is given), and hope represents Hope (that
I always have a ball and racket!). :-)
Post a Comment