After a magnificent family cruise to the Caribbean, and a great time before and after, somehow I could not muster any enthusiasm for Christmas and the holiday season. I did put a wreath on the door and on the fence, but considering how much I love decorating for Christmas, it was a small thing. I had been busy resting (yes, that is possible), because our second Family Cruise was so spectacular and the time we spent with our girls, their husbands, and our four grands was priceless. We missed Christmas with them last year (because of the first cruise) and were prepared to miss it this year as well. We would have been content to eat our smoked turkey and look at each other.
Imagine our surprise when we were face timed by all of them, yesterday yelling for us to read my email. When I looked, they had purchased both of us tickets to Atlanta to spend Christmas with them. Wow, how exciting is that? We are so grateful that we have such caring children. What an expression of love. We always pay for the cruises (and everything else related to their travels) for the grandchildren, but of course we do that out of love, and never expect anything in return. It gives us great pleasure to be able to give them the gift of travel, just as we gave to their mothers.
We are overjoyed by the love our children continue to show us on a daily basis, and this surprise ranks right up their with the Panama Cruise they surprised us with for our fortieth anniversary.
Thank you daughters, sons-in-law, and grands. How we look forward to spending two weeks of the holidays with you in cold Atlanta. Although we seemed to have just gotten off a plane, we are certainly excited to get on another one!!!
Grateful, Grateful, Grateful!!!1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
As our friend would say, "Labor Of Love!" Although, I will miss you & Dad O very much, my heart is filled with joy from that beautiful show of love! Daughters are the Bomb! :) Grand-kids are Nuclear! Together they are Priceless!
Post a Comment