Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 13, 2013

Christmas Shopping

Oh my, two blogs in two days--I have beaten my record. Now that I am completely in the Christmas spirit, I decided to go shopping at Fashion Valley after my sumi-e class. I have some specific observations:

1. That mall has become so UPSCALE that the entire look has changed. I noticed it earlier, but during Christmas-time if seems even more upscale. The calendar kiosk has even been relegated to the first floor in a corner when it has always been right in front of the movie theater.

2. There were transgendered folks asking if people had time to talk to them. At first I walked by, but made a point to stop as I walked back in the other direction. It was for a group soliciting support for their cause--can't think of the name of it, but it has Cause in it. I returned to talk to them remembering that I had a transgendered student when I was teaching. Their cause was the law which permits transgendered (the only word auto correct would accept) to use whatever restroom, etc. She was surprised that I knew about it (I try to keep up). I didn't donate, but it was interesting. She told me I was funny. Some things absolutely do not freak me out.

3. Went to the Hollister store to get gift certificates and realized why I always sit outside in front of the store while the grand boys shop. The music is too dang loud, aside from the fact that it is so dark inside.

4. Was fortunate to find a parking space quickly.

5. Two days ago, I would have done everything on-line, but now that I am back in the holiday groove, I will visit the mall a few more times before we leave.

6. I then went from there to Walmart where I thought I could get $30.00 on a 25.00 gift card. Now, I know that I saw that somewhere in the paper, but Alas, manager after manager could not find it. I usually don't make BIG shopping mistakes like that, but I read too much stuff and couldn't remember where I saw it. I did go on-line on my phone, but still couldn't find it. Oh well, I bought them anyway.


So, Merry Christmas!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! Merry Christmas!!! :)