Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Coming Around
I have a friend in Atlanta who is one of the best story tellers I know. She is a friend of over 50 years and is also among the funniest people I know. She told me a story about when her father was in the hospital and they wanted him to sign the advance directive. He didn't sign it right away, but when he finally decided to do it, he wanted to add a clause which indicated that he wanted them to wait at leat two weeks before pulling any plug, just in case he "came around."
Everybody probably needs two weeks to come around, but then, they must know the difference between "turning around" and "coming around." Some expect those around them to come around, as they pretend to be turning around. In life, no one is responsible for turning anyone else around, and no one has to come around, unless, like my friend's father, they choose to do so.
"Turning around" is more labor intensive than "Coming around." Some pretend to turn so that others come. Hmmmmm!
Oh, clarity!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment