The Republican race continues to amaze and baffle me. Yesterday, as I was watching the local news, I could not believe that grits had become a political pandering issue. After the "frontrunner" said y'all, he proceeded to tell us that he had just eaten grits and cheese and it was great. Then the "other one," the southerner, said, in rebuttal, that maybe the "frontrunner" had eaten grits once, but he has eaten grits many more times. Grits" come on now. What is the relevancy of eating grits to the campaign? What on earth has become of the political process? What will be next? Shrimp fried rice? Lobster rolls? Oatmeal?
There are so many issues to talk about that I can't believe it has come to GRITS? Is anyone listening or paying attention to this decline equal to a Bizarre Foods' episode?
It just makes me love my candidate more and more!
Too bad I don't have HBO and couldn't watch the previous candidate's portrayal in the made for television movie--Game Changer. I'm sure that would have been just as amusing and sad as the "Grits Saga!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
For myself, the sad thing here is that instead of talking about policies and a vision for the nation and by extension, the world, trivialities such as "grits" become a media story. For instance, back in '08, there was a 2-day news cycle about how Obama couldn't bowl. I remember thinking "So what? I'm more worried about the issues."
Post a Comment