Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Never Too Old (or too young)

As I celebrated by double six birthday yesterday, my reflections centered on what it all means. I had a record number of greetings on FB. Some even thought that the number of birthday greetings may have broken the FB record :-). I appreciated all of them and was very humbled by the love.

I spoke with one of my "elderly" friends last week and she was telling me a story about helping an "elderly" friend of hers. They are both taking a computer class (and get a free computer when they finish) and the 87 year-old was helping a 96 year-old. How fantastic is that? I hope that I when I am 87 that I can still help, and I hope that when I am 96, someone will be there to help me.

My birthday gift was an IPad. We bought it yesterday and, of course, I have been spending every waking moment since then, figuring it all out. It seems interesting and fun. I have already synced my music (after talking to Apple at 6 this morning) and learned lots of other things from the "Apple Girl" who was in Iowa (and not overseas.)

I am thankful for life, for a wonderful husband and family, for a sound mind (more or less), for good friends, for a "Mother Person," for those who came before me, for those who influenced me and especially for those who accept me for who I am. Wow, I love love!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was the most powerful movie I have seen in my lifetime so far. I could relate to several of the women. Giving myself and my "stuff" to men in my past because I thought that would validate me. I soon realized that only the "God" in me could do that as Kimberly Elise stated so powerfully. Love yourself first so that the "God" in you shines through all the "Devil" that we as "Colored Girls" encounter. When we validate ourselves we validate each other.

Anonymous said...

Dang I thought you were 65!

O'Senior said...

Right. The Beatles said it it with "Love is all we need". It takes care of everything else.