Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

"MeO'clock"

Every now and then (maybe once every three months) I think about the "selfishness" of my "freetirement." I am getting in touch with me , especially my artistic side.

Then I think, that my life has been about others with little time to think about exploring things which were of interest to me. I have been the ultimate volunteer so I have not yet had those needs to fulfill. I am volunteering now, but for self. I am volunteering my time to gardening, drawing, painting and whatever I feel like doing.

Actually, I have written three lessons for the Sunday School classes at church, so I guess that is a volunteer activity. I do other things too, but I don't think of them as volunteer activities because volunteering seemed much more labor intensive when I worked. Now it just seems like "stuff I do, because I have the time." I still do not want to have a schedule imposed by anyone but me.

I didn't know that this selfishness had a name until I happened to see it in the paper this week (I read three newspapers a day-). It is called "MeO'clock."

Now when someone asks me what time it is, I will respond 'ME O'CLOCK. Oh, Joy!

No comments: