Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"I Look to You"

I don't usually watch the Oprah show, but I wanted to see Whitney Houston's two part interview. I missed the first day because I don't have one of those fancy TIVO things, and my husband couldn't get the old fashioned VCR, in the bedroom, set properly. I was a little disappointed in the morning when I saw that it hadn't recorded. I guess at some point I will have to break down and get TIVO. Hopefully, eventually I will see part one through the generosity of someone who will let me see their TIVOed recording at some point.

I did watch part two today and I was very impressed. First of all, she is a living testimony of the song "We fall down, but we get up." I was touched by her return to the faith of her childhood. I am convinced that once the "seed of faith" is planted, it re-blooms in the right season, no matter how low we may have fallen.
I understand the prayers of her mother and those around her. Sometimes, when we are so far in the valley, we don't have the sense to pray for ourselves. I know someone who told me that he was unable to pray for a year when he was in a very negative situation.

I loved that her mother and those close to her never gave up on her--that is what mothers do--we must always be there, no matter what. That's what we all should do, even in one's darkest moments. Be careful when you say that you have "given up" on someone.

Her fall was hard and long--she was another victim of "love" which appeared to be love, but really wasn't. How can someone love you and spit on you?--yikes!

I will lift her up because I was impressed by her victory over whatever it was that was dragging her so far down. It really isn't how far down we were, but how we got up again. She seemed honest when she said that she takes each day at a time, still has a drink, and sometimes thinks about what she used to do. I also liked that she said she is done--she will not use her situation to make money or talk about it again. I give kudos to Clive Davis, who has known her forever because he believed in her gift. Everyone needs someone who believes in him/her.

Please, know WHO you look to.

No comments: