Last night I stayed up until after 11:00 P.M. (that is like an all nighter for me) in order to watch the Grammys because I wanted to see Lil Wayne (he actually is lil at 5'6''). This cross generational musical mingling again reminded me that there is, indeed, a new day on the horizon. Last year I barely knew any of the musical groups on this award show. This year there was such a combination of the new and the old, that I have a new appreciation for the new. There were the Jonas Brothers with Stevie Wonder, Justin Timberlake with Al Green, Radiohead with the USC band, Neo and Jamie Fox with Smoky Robinson and an original member of the Four Tops, Lil Wayne with Toussaint and musicians and dancers from New Orleans. They all sang together as if they were in the same generation. That is really what this new day is all about--we must all "sing together, " across all lines.
P .S. I also found out that Kid Rock is not a kid
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment