Last Sunday's sermon at my church was about seasons. As the pastor talked about the seasons of our lives he also mentioned the "Soil of our lives." Now that I have become a "gardener," I am interested in all things garden related. Just as we fertilize soil in our gardens, we need to fertilize the soil in our lives. This soil needs to be fertilized in order for the seeds, which must be planted deeply, to grow. No seed grows on the surface. Our soil, represents who we are, what we believe, and how we live our lives. Most of us have experienced rocky soil, unfertilized soil, and soil with few "seed plantings." When we look at the soil in our gardens, we can't see the seeds growing--just as in our lives, others don't know what seeds are growing beneath our exteriors.
When I looked at students, I always kept in mind the fact that I did not know what was growing beneath. As I see them as adults, I am also thrilled to see what their harvests are.
Some of us have "soiled soil." We have so much "dirt" in our soil, that it sometimes prevents good things from happening. Some of us, even when we need to plant seeds, cannot, because of our "soiled soil."
Pastor said that every set-back and disappointment is "seed planting time." Soometimes, we have to wait for our harvest. Let us keep our soil renewed and "unsoiled" so that when it is time to "plant," we will be ready and receptive. We need to plant good quality seed because that affects the quality of the harvest.
One thing that I am finding more and more as I age and observe is that people tend to harvest whatever they have put into the ground. No one is responsible for that, other than we ourselves.
Plant well, fertilize well, use good seeds!
HAPPY PLANTING!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment