Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Let Me Catch Up: 2 Abuse

My FB page has been so active lately with conversations about the abuse perpetrated by the football players. A couple involving wives/girlfriends, and the other, the abuse of a child.

Violence begets violence, and this country seems to thrive on it. Some call it aggression, but I call it violence, pure and simple. It is one of the reasons why I am no longer the professional football fan I used to be. Even being present in a stadium during a game is stressful. Hit, hit, drag, drag, then go home and cause havoc in your own home.

Of course, this does not just occur with sports figures, but also with just regular folks, men and women, who have the need to express their own insecurity by inflicting pain on someone else. The “good” thing about these events coming to the forefront, is that once again, thanks to social media, it is shining a light on another hidden aspect of our culture.

I have heard the “spare the rod” biblical reference, although I am not sure if the shepherds beat their sheep with the rod--I think they guided them with it.

There is so much to be done--it begins with something as simple as folks having respect for each other!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

#2 - Another great blog! If the NFL players keep deactivating themselves because of their bad behavior, they'll be no one left to play football!!
Also, I am disturb by Florida's lack of punishment for Jameis Winston. You stand up in the middle of the quad at school and yell: F--k her hard in her P---y! and you only receive a suspension for the 1st half of the game against Clemson this Saturday?!!! WTH!!! As news outlets have stated, "FL State has taught Jameis nothing about taking responsibility for his actions. Winning a game is more important than integrity." Sign of the times.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to add, Jameis Winston is a Rapist THUG!!! He's not done! FL State is helping to set him up for failure and jail time. They figure the NFL can deal with him then.