Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Love, Love, and More Love

Each day I am reminded of the love which surrounds me. It begins in my house which is filled with love. There is nothing better than having someone you see every single day, and almost 24 hours a day, who loves you with all of your quirks! There is no place I would rather be than sharing this home with my 365 days a year Valentine.

Then the love of our children and grandchildren glistens every day. It is nice to have them call to check up on us--one calls every single day, and nice that they have trained their children to do the same. We appreciate it and love them for it.

I could never have imagined the love I would continue to receive form former students, old, and young, who are much too nice to me. They have made my "freetirement" absolutely marvelous. There is one who calls me every single morning to make sure we are ok, and need nothing. There are others who help me with whatever I need to learn, to know, or do. I could probably have a breakfast and lunch date three or four times a week if I always said yes. It all fills me with gratitude. Then there is the I Had Mrs O Page, on Facebook, which allows me the opportunity to connect, discuss, interact, scold, learn, and keep in touch with over 700 FSFs (former student friends). It all comes as a complete shock to me--I never did anything during my career, expecting anything in return.

Love is so powerful, and when it is sincere, there is nothing like it. I am thankful for the love of my TRUE friends, who are there when I need them. I am thankful for the ones I thought were true, who have been flushed because they taught me the difference between what is true and what is fake.

I am thankful that I know how to love, because only then can we extend it. I am thankful that I learned very early how to love myself, because without that, we are in trouble. Thank you segregated Miami "back in the day" for putting people in my life who always believed that I was terrific--it has come in handy because I know my intrinsic value.

I am grateful for the love of God, because that love exceeds all other. I actually should follow his model for loving everyone, but the human side often rears its head. I try, but usually fail when I am mad or betrayed. I have a friend who always used to say when she was not speaking to someone "But I love her," and I never understood that. I still don't, but it sounds nice. :-)

Love really does have something to do with it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for sharing real LOVE. One of these days when I am in great need, I will sit at my computer and count my blessings and fuel (?) my soul with TOTAL love!

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for sharing real LOVE. One of these days when I am in great need, I will sit at my computer and count my blessings and fuel (?) my soul with TOTAL love!