Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tables and Drums

We returned from Atlanta yesterday with our thirteen year old grandson. As soon as he walked into the house, he asked, "Where is my table?" We bought this little table when he was young and before the grands come, we put a blanket on the floor and the table on top of the blanket. It is where they used to eat and watch television. We have used the table for three grands and we had it up when our four year old granddaughter was here. Before we left, we moved the table and the toy basket upstairs since we knew he wouldn't need either when he came.

He then went upstairs into our closet and asked "Where is grandpa's drum?" This is a conga drum, (grandpa was/is quite a drummer) and had I moved it to a spot in the closet where it can't be seen or can't fall on anyone. He promptly moved it to its old spot, stood it up and there it stands.

As I was telling someone this story last night (had to catch up on my phone calls :-), I was told that we have created memories for our grands. How cool is that? I was then reminded of a little stool my great grandmother had that my sister and I always sat on when we went to her house. It was a small wooden stool and we each had one. I can still see that stool in my mind. I wish I had kept it.

I am so happy that I am reminded over and over of how important little things are in life. Memories are powerful!!! I thank my grandson for reminding me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

TG for grandparents, our "grandparent" memories and our "grandparent" love that they freely and generously give! :)